While some people may dream of buying a house, in many cities this isn’t exactly a realistic option. However, it doesn’t mean that you’re limited to just renting an apartment. Instead, you can own a condominium unit. There’s a lot of demand for condos for sale Montreal and developers are building, and that’s because in many ways it’s a lot more advantageous than living in a house or renting an apartment.
- It’s often cheaper than a house. This means it’s within the budget for most people. At the same time, you own the place. Given the real estate market in most cities in Canada, after a few years you can sell the unit for a lot more than for the price you bought it for. In the meantime, you can even rent it out so you can earn money in addition to your investment.
- You can enjoy some amenities. A condominium complex doesn’t just have living units for residents. There’s usually a lobby for guests, and many of these places offer amenities like a swimming pool, gym, beauty salon, a snack bar, and coffee shop. Some even feature small supermarkets, and there are complexes that also offer small business offices for those who are self-employed.
You won’t have to go out for things you can get in your own building. Just having your own gym is a great benefit, because you won’t have to travel far to work out and you also don’t have to clutter your space with lots of bulky gym equipment. Having access to a pool is also quite enticing, since having your own in your backyard can be very expensive to build and maintain.
- They’re conveniently located. You can certainly find a condo building that’s near your workplace, or perhaps near to the schools your kids go to. Maybe it’s enough that it’s near a transportation hub so you can get to work easily, but it’s also within walking distance to restaurants, shopping malls, coffee shops, and laundry services.
- Security can be tight. Most of the time, there’s security personnel in the lobby and people can’t just walk in. Some places even have special key cards that restrict access to unauthorized floor levels. There’s really very little risk that a burglar can get inside your unit, unlike homes in the suburbs that are a lot more vulnerable to criminal trespassers.
- Living in the city can actually be safer for you. It’s surprising but true: you’re more likely to die from an injury in the country than in the city. Experts think it’s because there’s actually safety in numbers. Also, you’re more likely to get immediate emergency care in the city. So if it’s a choice between a condo in the city and a house in the country, you’ll be safer in a city condo.
- If you live in the city, you’re generally slimmer than your country-living counterpart. City living can keep you skinny and healthy. Part of that is because of the gyms, and if you live in a good condo complex you probably have one in the building. But it’s also because you do more walking in the city.
In the country, the cultural norms also include a diet with higher fat content. So all in all, if you want to lose weight you may want to live in Montreal that outside the city.
Condo living isn’t for everyone, but then so is living in a house. For many, it’s hard to resist the benefits of living in a condo—it’s convenient, affordable, and exciting, and that’s always a heady combination for many younger adults.