As our bodies age they will start to change in a number of different ways. One of the most noticeable things that cause most people to notice they are getting older is their skin! While eating a healthy diet is always important, you should always remember that you need to stay hydrated. It is more difficult to stay hydrated as you get older, but it is possible if you know just what to do.
1. Drink More Water Daily
Don’t just drink water when you are thirsty or a couple of times per day. You should be drinking water or unsweetened teas throughout the day. This will keep your body hydrated, which will keep your skin looking better for longer. Drinking more water can even result in fewer lines and wrinkles which anyone who is aging can appreciate.
2. Bedtime Hydration
The day of going to bed without washing your face are days of the past. It’s extremely important to keep up with a skin care regimen that will hydrate your skin. After you use a gentle cleanser, apply an evening cream before bed. This will soak into your skin overnight and leave you with smooth skin in the morning. It only takes a few minutes to do this and it will really make a huge difference with the way your skin ages.
Protecting your skin can easily result in it staying hydrated and looking great as you get older. This is especially true when you’re out in the sun because UV rays are so damaging. Always wear sun block, even if it’s overcast outside. There are always rays from the sun out during the day that can hurt your skin and cause damage over time. There are a lot of portable sunscreen options, so you can take it with you to use at all times. It’s also important to avoid sun tanning because it can cause even more of this damage.
4. Use Face Masks
Face masks can be fun to wear and they are effective for skin hydration. You can buy a mask or you can make one, here is a quick recipe you can whip up at home:
– 2 tsp organic apple juice
– 1 tsp fresh lime juice
– 2 tbsp buttermilk
– 1 tbsp rosemary oil
– 2 egg whites
– Enough quick oats to make a paste
Mix these together and rub on face until it’s covered. Leave on to dry and then rinse off with warm water before splashing with cold.
– As you continue to age it’s important to take as good care of your skin as you can. This means eating healthy, using organic products and drinking a lot of water.
– Try to avoid eating a lot of sugars, as those can irritate your skin and actually make it look older than you actually are.
– Always clean off your makeup at the end of the night to allow your skin to regenerate. Not doing so can result in zits and your skin not being able to refresh itself.
– Exfoliate a few times per week to see results as quickly as possible. Do not exfoliate every single day of the week.